Last updated: May 22, 2018
Thank you for your interest in integrating with the Knowbly application!
Knowbly Learning Systems, Inc. (“Knowbly”) offers various tools and documentation, such as APIs, API SDKs and developer pages and documentation (collectively, "API Tools") for the use by developers, application developers and API partners (“Partners”) who may be integrating Knowbly features or functionality into their sites, products or services.
By accessing and using the API Tools, you agree to this Knowbly API Policy. If you have any questions about this Knowbly API Policy, please contact us.
1. Modifications to Policy.
Knowbly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this Knowbly API Policy at any time. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any modifications. Modifications are effective when first posted. To receive notifications about changes to this policy and the API functionality, see the Deprecation and API Changes section below.
Applications that access the Knowbly API should adhere to the following principles:
2.1. Don’t Impersonate. Accurate identity is important:
- Your application should not mirror or replicate Knowbly or any other organization using Knowbly.
- Do not impersonate or facilitate impersonation of others in a manner that can mislead, confuse, or deceive users.
- End users should understand that your application is integrated with Knowbly but is an independent resource.
- You should not remove or alter any proprietary notices in the Knowbly API.
2.2. Don’t Surprise Users. Your application should not:
- Use the Knowbly API for different purposes other than what your application states or implies.
- Confuse or mislead users about the source or purpose of your application.
- Use business names and/or logos in a manner that can mislead, confuse, or deceive users.
- Use the Knowbly API on behalf of any third-party.
- Facilitate or encourage the publishing of links to malicious or obscene content.
2.3. Respect the Privacy of Any Information Retrieved. Information should be handled with care:
- Any user information retrieved through the Knowbly API should be considered private information and, in some cases, will be protected by government regulations.
- Know what information your tool will disclose to the public or to other products and services, and be clear with end users about what information will be disclosed.
- Do not facilitate or encourage the publishing of private or confidential information.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others.
2.4. Don’t Overload Users. Limit the communication to users:
- Knowbly provides a number of different ways to contact, notify, and inform users of information. Where these methods are exposed in the Knowbly API, it's important to monitor how often your application is pushing information to users.
- In general, you should try to push information as rarely as possible, both to prevent user annoyance and also to make your pushes more effective.
- Your service should outline what actions your application will take on the user's behalf as part of the application registration process.
3. API Rate Limits.
Your applications must adhere to the Knowbly API rate limits as set forth below:
- Applications that access the Knowbly API must not place undue load on Knowbly servers. Knowbly has an automatic rate limiting provision that dynamically adjusts as more concurrent and/or expensive requests occur. When the rate limit is exceeded, API requests will fail. Rate limiting is enforced per user access token so that partners who perform requests on behalf of multiple end users will not be throttled per developer access token that they hold.
- If an application regularly exceeds the API rate limits or uses a disproportionately large number of high-impact (e.g. non-GET) requests, the access tokens may be revoked, or other measures may be taken to ensure the stability of the system for all users.
- If you are concerned about hitting the rate limit, please contact your please contact us to either adjust your rate limit or seek assistance optimizing your application for lower impact on Knowbly performance.
4. Deprecation and API Changes.
The Knowbly API is versioned to allow for future enhancements. Knowbly strives to deliver a platform that is stable, consistent, and secure so you can confidently build awesome on top of Knowbly APIs. Knowbly will add, change, and remove API endpoints and fields from time to time using commercially reasonable efforts to provide communication as indicated: